Davenport is a vacation destination in North Eastern Polk County that is popular because of its close proximity to the Walt Disney World theme park. While small in size, just over 2, 931 population (2011), the town is experiencing rapid growth.
Most Davenport tourists stay in this town and spend their time at the major theme parks outside Orlando. However, Davenport has its own attractions that should not be missed. Visit Lake Kissimmee State Park and partake in nature trails, horse trails, and boating activities. Play a round on one of Davenports many top golf courses or pristine beaches, or simply relax poolside right in the backyard of Villa Orobianca.
Local Amenities & Shopping
- Publix Supermarket, 5 minutes away
- Liquor Stores, 5 minutes away
- Restaurants + Bars, 5 minutes away – Check-out Urban Spoon for a list of local restaurants complete with reviews, comments and menus
- Posner Mall – An open air mall in Polk County which includes a variety of stores from Best Buy to Target, 2 miles away
- The Mall at Millennia, 25 minutes/26 miles(4200 Conroy Rd, 32839) – click here for more info including a complete list of stores.
- Outlet Malls, 20 minutes – Orlando Premium Outlets International Drive + Orlando Premium Outlets Vineland Avenue + Lake Buena Vista Factory Stores
- Florida Mall, 30 minutes/26 miles – “Orlando’s most spectacular shopping and tourist attraction…”
- Giant Wal-Mart, 10 minutes (3.4 miles), 36205 Hwy 27, Haines City, 33844
- Banks, 5 minutes – From Chase to Trustco, click here for complete list and locations.
- Webb’s Square Pharmacy, 5 minutes
- Celebration Golf Club: Disney owned it offers a golf academy, proshop, driving range, and challenging 18 holes of golf. 8 miles NE of Davenport
- Champions Gate: 2 Greg Norman Championship Golf Courses - JUST MINUTES AWAY!
- Congo River Golf: 2 miniature golf courses, arcade center + gator feeding -- 18 miles NE of Davenport
- Providence: 0 miles from Davenport, 18 holes over 6,950 yards with a par of 72 (Public)
- Ridgewood: Located right in Davenport, this is a one of a kind course due to it's challenging layout, excellent greens and attention to detail.
- The Highlands: 18 hole public golf course. Was rated 3.5 Stars by Golf Digest's Places to Play guide.
For a more comprehensive list + details visit the links below:
- Cocoa Beach: Located on the Atlantic side, it is a very popular with a large beach area it can get quite crowded.-- click for more info
- Fort DeSoto State Park: voted the #1 spot in Dr. Beach's top 10 list in 2005, it is large and easily accessed from the highway and there is a concession stand that even offers chair rentals. A gorgeous spot and not too crowded - great sand, beautiful water, natural dunes and abundant wildlife.-- click for more info
- St. Pete's Beach: 88 miles
- Clearwater Beach: 82 miles
- Daytona Beach: 87 miles - "The World's Most Famous Beach" Not only known for the beautiful beach but also one of the largest Bike Week's in the country. -- click for more info
Other Stuff To Do:
- Downtown Disney - no admission, in Lake Buena Vista
- Green Meadows Petting Farm - over 300 animals, tractor rides, milk a cow, pony rides - in Kissimme, 8 miles NE of Davenport
- Pool: private + South facing
- Hot Tub
- Patio doors alarmed
- Baby Needs: Crib, highchair, baby monitors, and stroller available
- Beach towels and park radios included
- 5 flatscreen tv's
- Playstation, Wii, CD Player, DVD and Blue Ray Player
- Games Room: equipped with an 8 ft air hockey table and dart board
- 15mins to Disney World + Universal Studios
- 1 hour from some of Florida's hottest beaches
- 20 golf courses within 20 mins
- Located 2 mins off the I-4 with easy access to Interstate 4
- 35 mins to Orlando International Airport